PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overwing Exits and Frequent Fliers?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2007, 15:12
Final 3 Greens

Clarence

I hate to be the one to point this out to you, but crews are not professionals, although they are paid for doing their job. Tradesmen if you like.

So if it is a matter or establishing "who is best", to interpret your comments, why would I worry about someone's perception of whether I was on a par with a job that requires 2 GCSEs as an academic qualification and which is not included in a recognised profession, when I am a member of two professions?

I said in post #4 "you won't be competing with me, as I sit in the front cabin, but I reckon I would do as good a job as you, in following the cabin crew instructions."

Along with OFBSLF and others, I reckon that impact of most FQTVs sitting in a window seat is pretty miniscule and as the licensing authorities seem to think that any able bodied (presumably mentally competent) person can open an over wing exit.

As others have said on this thread, we appear to have crew trying to use smoke and mirrors to mystify something that is pretty straightforward.

The regs say what is necessary, end of.