PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCL - Is it Mickey Mouse?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2007, 12:29
Mach086

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By the way Gulf Air.... From their website quote
"Cadet Pilots

This programme is available to owner state nationals holding school diplomas. It covers full pilot training on completion of which the individual is qualified to take up a position as a First Officer.

Eligibility

To be eligible to apply, the following criteria must be met:

Be a national of an owner state (Bahrain and Oman)
Be between 19 and 35 years of age
Be a high school graduate (science stream)"

Mach086 you live in London, I take that you are not from Oman or Bahrain, still I am sure that will not preclude you from applying to them.......

Tony,

You are an intelligent person - You say you are a pilot (even though you seem to be here everyday??). Anyway, lets not get personal.

Surely even you must be able to see that my point is that if Gulf Air are interviewing MPL cadets - then it can't be that "Plastic" can it?

I have no intention whatsoever of being based in the desert. The Point was if Gulf Air are interviewing, then MPL can't be that bad. But I guess according to you

"an untried and untested system that has been met with a lot of skepticism by industry professionals"

Gulf Air is not professional. Can someone please confirm that Gulf Air are a World Class airline and one of the leading airlines in Arabia as well as the world with Airbus/Boeings or do they all fly ilyushins?

"you are obviously better informed than any of us on here, even those of us who have your dream job...you know better"

I dont know better - hence why I am here. But unless anyone can tell me that Gulf Air are a terrible unprofessional airline, then I'll treat Gulf Air's views on the MPL as credible.

Also i see you have totally ignored that fact that the MPL college are opening a school in UAE which means there must be a business case. but I await your view that Emirates and Eithad will join Gulf Air as unprofessional becasue they interview MPL candidates.

But thanks for your opinions - and I mean that without sarcasm. I still haven't made up my mind and after our recent discussions, I'm further away from a decision than I was before.