PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overwing Exits and Frequent Fliers?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2007, 11:45
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
OFBSLF
So tell me, please, just how is it that you know how all pax think? If you are able to read minds that well, I'm sure there are plenty of folks who'd like to speak with you.
Wow!! OK, so I said 'all' instead of 'most'. Please climb back into your seat and secure your belt before taking off.

You may wish to note that I am one of those pax that, after securing his own belt, mentally notes if fellow pax have followed rules about luggage etc and checks the details with members of his own party. On one occasion, I had to call the CC to a neighbouring pax whose belt had broken and he was totally confused. We were already on the way out to the active, with less than two minutes to go.

I do all the counting rows and reading the card bit, check for life jacket (as well as that of others in my party) and report to CC when it is missing. (What a pity the CC on FR did not care when so informed).

So ... it is not unreasonable to suggest that the majority of pax assume the flight will go well. So of us assume that it will go well but try to be aware of something going wrong.