PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCL - Is it Mickey Mouse?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2007, 08:42
Antonio Montana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mach 086,
Eh.... no you are wrong, very wrong.

On my very first line training flight, I flew one sector PICUS (thats pilot in Command Under Supervision) Not co pilot. I have a CPL and am trained to fly a B737 as PIC by my self if needed, eg if the captain died.....

As I said before, you obviously have already made your mind up what you want to do and good luck to you.

Also can someone please direct me to the part were JAR FCL 1 does mention the MPL being upgraded to a full ATPL??????? I cannot find it in either Subpart K or Subpart G.

Mach 086, you asked for debate on this licence and you got it, but you are obviously better informed than any of us on here, even those of us who have your dream job.

I suggest that you have a look at the links that I went out of my way for you to get, which I then read and cross referenced regarding the MPL, so I have a better understanding of it, but of course you don't need to do that as you are no doubt infallible. I will not waste my time arguing the merits of a untried and untested system that has been met with a lot of skepticism by industry professionals, you know better.

Finally to quote Jack Crawford, Former FBI Section Chief "to assume, is to make an ASS out of U and ME", just in case you are wondering who he is he was the boss of Miss Clarice Starling, in a rather good book I once read.
Tony

By the way Gulf Air.... From their website quote
"Cadet Pilots

This programme is available to owner state nationals holding school diplomas. It covers full pilot training on completion of which the individual is qualified to take up a position as a First Officer.

Eligibility

To be eligible to apply, the following criteria must be met:

Be a national of an owner state (Bahrain and Oman)
Be between 19 and 35 years of age
Be a high school graduate (science stream)"

Mach086 you live in London, I take that you are not from Oman or Bahrain, still I am sure that will not preclude you from applying to them.......