PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overwing Exits and Frequent Fliers?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2007, 00:27
OFBSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It makes me laugh when someone who travels as a commercial pax often thinks they do more flights that the crew and think they know best.
!$@!!@#

Would you PLEASE STOP MISREPRESENTING WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING!
I've NEVER said that I know best. I've never said that I could operate the over-wing exit better than a crew. What I have said is that I think I could operate the over-wing exit well enough. And since the FAA and the CAA both allow pax to sit in the exit row, it appears to me that those particular safety experts agree with me -- that pax can operate the over-wing exits well enough.

The arrogance displayed by crew on this thread is truly astonishing.
I would rather have off-duty FC + CC in the emergency exits because their training has them thinking that something might go wrong. Whereas pax always think that everything will go right.
So tell me, please, just how is it that you know how all pax think? If you are able to read minds that well, I'm sure there are plenty of folks who'd like to speak with you.

If I "always think everything will go right", then why is it that I spend 5-10 minutes at the start of each flight studying the safety card, locating the exits fore and aft, counting the rows to the nearest exit, and memorizing the procedure to open that exit? If I "always think everything will go right", why do I say a brief prayer before takeoff, even though I'm not a churchly type?

The prejudice displayed on this thread is truly disgusting.