PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overwing Exits and Frequent Fliers?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2007, 00:22
OFBSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rest of you "I've been on a 7x7 a hundred times, so I can read my newspaper instead" are a problem.

Not every aircraft of the same type is the same. Do well to remember that.
CR2: Once I've sat down and stowed my luggage, I take out the briefing card and study it. I've spent 5-10 minutes studying it and my environs long before you start the safety briefing. I do this on each and every flight. I don't assume that one 737 is the same as another 737, even if they belong to the same carrier and it is just a day after the previous flight.

The safety briefing is not going to teach me anything unique to a particular aircraft (though the safety card might). The safety briefing covers operating the seat belt, putting on the oxygen masks, and the location of the exits. I know how to put on and take off the seat belt. I've already got it on long before you started the briefing. I know how to put on the oxygen mask. I've already located the exits -- I did that 10 minutes ago.

For 2 1/2 years, I did at least 2 legs a week. So I've already heard the briefing at least 300 times. I know why you do the briefing and I respect your professionalism for doing it with conviction multiple times every day. I understand your concern that many people aren't paying attention. But please understand that some of us have already heard it and have already done the appropriate study of the safety card and the aircraft.