PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overwing Exits and Frequent Fliers?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 22:27
crewboi83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It makes me laugh when someone who travels as a commercial pax often thinks they do more flights that the crew and think they know best.
I guess FQT flyers do make good pax to have at overwings/doors, but id still rather have a crew member, One thing you never get told when ur briefed to use these doors is how to use a slide as a rags slide shud it inflat and then deflate....
Just little things like that, how to disconnect slide from the door sil, how to use manual inflation handle, how to attach escape ropes to D ring on a 737 wing.
A lot of FQT flyers have this attitude, to me thats why you wouldnt be sat there, some of you think you know to much. and I agree, was my 6 weeks training a waste of time?
RE the comment regarding "who has never seen a seat belt"... well its a well known fact in an emergecny that passengers go to unfasten their seat belt as tho they were in a car, as its the only one they are familiar with.
Hence why we always make sure your belt is fastened with the buckle to the front. I do appriciate some of you may fly umpteen times a week/day/year/lifetime or what.... I still think you should give us the respect to take you through the demo, becuase its those of you that think you know it all that sit reading your paper in row 1, or with i half out in the aisle, or worse, talk to the person next to you at the top of your voice.
Its always going to be... crew think they know best, and FQT flyers think they know it all. but one thing to all those who fly often, when you travel on different airlines, things are different.... instead of questionning it, why cant you just get on with it? all our rules are differnt, my pet his is men hanging jackets on the pegs on the tray tables, some airlines allow this, mine dosnt... why cant u just put the jacket on for take off? or pop it in hat rack instead of kicking up a fuss and saying "i never had to at BA"

Last edited by crewboi83; 26th Jul 2007 at 22:41.