PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overwing Exits and Frequent Fliers?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 20:01
kingair9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a former FA and in my job a very frequent flyer. I personally like those airlines paying attention to who is sitting in these crucial seats and have already once complained to the safety pilot of one airline who is not only selling the exit rows at extra charge but on that flight I complained about also allowed the pax sitting there to stow their hand luggage under the seat in front.

KLM did the very best thing I can imagine in the 80s: They invited their frquent flyers to AMS for a safety day in which they were allowed to open doors and wing exits, to "shoot" a slide etc. I was one of the lucky ones to go there and once you had completed this "training" you were always marked on the PIL and in your booking. So you would automatically get these seats and the crew would know that you had been in the training.

I do understand that cost does not allow such things any more - but I know a lot (!!!) of frequent flyers who would even spend their airmiles to pay for such a training. This does include me, btw, as my FA times are more than 10 years ago...

Does anybody else know of an airline that offers such trainings?