PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Secret Plan to Remove Quarters
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 17:28
PingDit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Danger

Altogether worrying, but somehow inevitable. It's what we seem to expect from our governments of whatever political persuasion, a bit like the great council house sell off of years gone by where the government release anything they're losing money on back to the private sector.
How would we be expected to manage selling a private property every 3 years, along with the consequential strain on partners, partners employment, schooling etc. It simply wouldn't be practicable.
It's heavily tied into a similar point I made on another thread with regard to the current cabinet. Apparently, the only one with any previous military experience is the Defence Secretary, Des Browne who rose to the dizzy heights of Lance Corporal. Our 'old school' pals who used to take an active interest in the concerns of the Armed Forces passed away years ago it would seem!

It's high time someone in government started taking serious notice of what the military have to say. We passed the thin end of the wedge way back. I strongly believe that in the event of any future major conflict, they'll be saying "I thought we used to have some armed forces?" - Nope, they all left years ago - nobody noticed.