PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overwing Exits and Frequent Fliers?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 17:15
ChristiaanJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with OFBSLF here.
Do I listen to the safety briefing, aka "The Dance of the Trolley Dollies"?
Only with half an ear, in case there is a variant.....
But I read the card, check the exits, check the life jacket....

To me the seat belt demo is always the ultimate joke.... who in this world in this day and age has never seen a seat belt?
Especially since on my latest flight I found my seat belt didn't work as demonstrated.... the lock part was upside down, so I would have to twist it before locking it.
And no, it wasn't part of the seat next to mine.
After a two-minute analysis in 3D topology I figured how to get the lock the right way up (think car seat belts, where this can happen). Still wonder how it got that way, though. Probably an inquisitive 8-year old on the previous flight.

Oh, and sometime I wouldn't mind to be told how hard to tug on that oxygen mask.
And sometime I wouldn't mind a moment of hands-on practice with that life vest (can I buy a time-expired one cheap?).
And sometime I wouldn't mind knowing if the doors are on manual which lever to pull for the slide....

In this day and age, maybe with the endless security check queues, they could have an extended safety briefing video in an endless loop in the waiting area? With nothing else to do and watch, it might sink in.