PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 16:26
2J&D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK to CWL?

Hi Guys

just to through this open a little more, but do you think EK would consider starting operations for an airport that does not have a fantastic scheduled operation?

Now dont flame me here, but BRS surely has a better chance given the activity at the airport. With CO, the new AF service and the hope that someone is going to jump in to the Germany slots...Remember also CO and EK codeshare on flights from LGW to EWR and IAH, so could this also give BRS the edge?

I do not doubt the fact there is a market for such a flight in the area including the CWL catchment area, but you only need to go to BRS and notice the amount of people who have possibly travelled over the bridge....Even had the Welsh Beach rugby champions on a flight earlier this week when heading back from Italy!

Like I say do not take what I have said as a knock to CWL, I would give my left arm to avoid LHR to get to DXB and further afield! but I think the airlines look at it a little more indepth, than just 'lets start a flight for the sake of it.'

Thanks