PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overwing Exits and Frequent Fliers?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 14:28
Morbid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you really wanted to make a difference to this type of exit, perhaps you would be kind enough to brief those of us sitting there exactly what exit commands you are going to give us to open the door in the first place.
Well I´ve got to admit that flying both Spanair and their subsidiary AeBal yesterday in the exit rows this is precisely what happened. A great deal was made on both flights about not to open the windows until informed to do so and to check for fire first (there is even a stick to this effect saying to look through the window before contemplating any action). Types were MD87 and B717.

On the flip side:

I´ve flown Iberia and seen mothers with babies placed in these rows with the biggest joke being they were told to put bags in the overhead bins but babies on laps were fine

BA would on a good day tell you to read the instructions on the seat back in front of you (no mention of don´t open in the event of fire) or on a bad day say "Do you realise you are in an emergency exit row?" answer "Yes" BA: "Ok, good".

As for safety cards.... I´ve always thought there should be a supplemental card for those seats in emergency exit rows....