PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCL - Is it Mickey Mouse?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 09:57
Mach086

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tony

Im still confused:

"The MPL must be done in conjunction with a Airline, you will only be able to fly for that airline and no other, if you wish to change jobs you have to start again.(At least that is my understanding)."

How can that be? You spend 2 years flying an A320 with that airline, got a thousand hours or so under your belt. got paid. Got the experience. Went on extra courses etc. You then go for British Airways Job or a major airline and ur head to head with Mr ATPL who for the past 2 years has lived a life in a cessna?? I don't understand what you mean by - "start again".

I'm really confused by this "start again" thing. Imagine youve done 5 years on an A320 for Garuda Indonesia or whatever, and accumulated 4000 hours. U apply for a job at a major airline who are willing to train pilots from any background for A340-500 flights from LA-Singapore. Are you saying you stand less of a chance compared to the ATPL pilot who has 2 years in a cessna, and 3 years as a flight instructor in the same cessna??? Suley not.

PLease explain.