PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airmanship at Ardmore.
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 08:40
FL440

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kiwiblue - my comment as to where you were from was more to guage how much traffic you see from AR etc.
Given how far south from us you are, i would be suprised if more than 20 aeroplanes from the AR region make it south of you.

Perhaps the heavies are more accepting of the products of these environments because when they come out, they are very unlikely to be in command of an aircraft for quite some years and can be more readily moulded into the wee cookie-cutter clones required
With comments like this i assume that you are not in the "heavies" as you put it? I sense you have issues with aircraft from the north, beleive me i have seen many a brave mountain pilot from the south island struggle and get lost trying to find Hamilton airport.!

Good on you for helping these people when they have got themselves into that situation, im sure that they were more than grateful and have learnt a great lesson! Thats what learning to fly is all about!!

I understand your points regarding airmanship etc but i think that you need you to have your head read if you think the only bad pilots seem to come from where you say?
Ive seen many south island pilots enter the Ardmore MBZ and Mercer MBZ areas and make a complete arse of it, no drama though! When that happens we understand that they are somewhere unfamiliar and we make adjustments accordingly, whether its a freindly speel on the radio or an extension downwind so that they can get on the ground!

Surely you cannot expect a pilot from somewhere totally unfamiliar to be absaloutely perfect the first time they fly in your region?

Kiwiblue, this is not aimed personally at you, im just trying to find out where your coming form