PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OPERATORS..... yes you, looky looky.
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 08:30
Charliethewonderdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it's great to see that operators are reading this forum.

ALL WE WANT IS TO PAID CLOSE TO THE AVERAGE WAGE. Why do pilots have to live and struggle to support multi-million dollar companies??? The average wage is now around $55,000 dollars, a single engine casual pilot still struggles to get paid 20K, a FO for rex is on 43k, ......... WHY are we treated like second-rate workers????? Supply and demand maybe??? But look at the position we are in now, jobs galore but still no pay rise. WHY??????

The answer is simple; pilots have treated them selves and the profession they work in with disrespect. Basically excepting any conditions to build hours to reach the top of the tree. Instead of demanding certain conditions like the GA award they have worked below the poverty line, knowing if they don’t there will be 50 hungry dogs ready to pounce into their position.
In many ways I am embarrassed to be a member of this profession. I may cop criticism for that, but I look at other less glamorises jobs and see a united work force that is strong in keeping and gaining conditions.
Collectively, We are as weak as p…s.

So next time you see a pilot make a stance for better conditions try standing beside him and not behind him like 90% of the pilots in this game.