PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCL - Is it Mickey Mouse?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 08:19
Antonio Montana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snuble....Good luck
Mach 086...

I did get all your points, I don't think that I made myself clear enough so here goes.

The MPL must be done in conjunction with a Airline, you will only be able to fly for that airline and no other, if you wish to change jobs you have to start again.(At least that is my understanding).

You will only be allowed to fly one model of aircraft, again this could be a Boeing 737-300 or a 900 but not both, however if you wish it could be a Airbus A318 or a Airbus A320, but once again not both.

The differences you talk of refers to Type Ratings that have been sat by people who have ATPL's or CPL's with ATPL Theory passed (Frozen ATPL). I can fly 7 different types of 737 on my licence as long as I do differences training.

The MPL cannot be done on spec, therefore you are tied to a Airline, see above.

Assuming (I hate that word, but) you do get a job with Air Kazakstan on a Mega planes Z673, based in eastern europe, (for example, as I don't see any Uk based operator looking at this, after all they have a ready and willing supply of self funded wannabees), what happens when you want to leave and come back to good old blighty???? Back to square one.

Also what if your airline decide to change from all Megaplanes to Superbus, your well and trully stuffed, yet again, Back to square one.

Do not think for one second that any airline is going to pay you the same salary as a fully quallified ATPL or Frozen ATPL, because they will find an excuse not to. They are after all in the business of making money.

Lastly..... if MPL really is the way forward, imagine the crisis that will happen in the next 10 to 20 years as older pilots retire and there will be no Captains available as everyone will have MPL's..........

Tony

PS. Snuble, one final point, I have always found any training establishment to be completely unbiased as any goverment organisation is as well.

Airlines can change from hot to cold, at least the current route gives you lots more options.

Last edited by Antonio Montana; 26th Jul 2007 at 08:33.