PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airmanship at Ardmore.
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 03:52
6080ft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ah winge moan winge moan.

If you heard an aircraft report at the 'big green shed', and you did not know where it was, why did you not ask where it was?

I flew in around the ardmore circuit for a few years as an instructor, up until not too long ago. It all worked pretty good - all instructors from the various got on pretty well and we all knew everyone. The problem always arose when wallys from out of town, who did not read the lenghty information in the VOL 4 about proceedures at ardmore, came charging along and messed the circuit up. Some people seem to think that coming in via clevedon and calling 'establised' final 21 gave them right of way. Rubbish. But despite all the info in the aip and common sense people still do it and get cranky when they finally spot aircraft on a tight left base.
Oh and then theres the people who think a low level circuit will be great, then call the helicopter they just enncounted joining for the southern aiming point at 500ft!

With regards to FLWOP at mercer and surrounding paddocks. It is a training area, and there will always be problems when there are that many people around. If you see something you don't agree with, call the operators CFI and with a rego and a time tell them about the problem.
200-300 ft you say, well read part 91.311 very carefully. CAA themselves were even unclear on this a while back. They got a legal opinion on this matter which was an interesting read. But indeed going low around cattle is not a smart or clever thing to do!

Pt 141 - yes it seems like a total waste of time and resources to me, that will give smaller clubs a hard time. But who says a 141 needs to be a long winded full of crap document. It really only needs to be brief (as CAA told me once) stating whos incharge, responsible for what etc. I think that it could be good, but will definately make life hard for some instructors out there in their spare time treaching mates to fly.

Itai101 - so your sick of people forcing you to go around. Maybe you are one of the many people who see 4 aircraft at the holding pt, but still turn very close base? If this is not he case and you keep getting cut off, call unicom, call the CFI - or go and see the CFI!

ah well thats a little over my 10cents worth!