PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airmanship at Ardmore.
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 02:09
slackie

Location: Live in Taupiri, Waikato, work in the big smoke, New Zealand
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Green Shed

Yeh...gotta admit that the "airmanship" at Ardmore is "variable". I've experienced some really good airmanship along with the other types. I don't do alot in the circuit at AR, but do a bit out in the training area and the Mercer MBZ. It seems that some do not use the Mercer MBZ freq as each time I've been in there I seem to be the only one (apart from the meatbombers) that are making regular position reports. And it is a bit of a surprise to see other aircraft meander through the MBZ, or even operate inside it without the accomanying position reports. Must admit that I have used the "Green shed" (the lumberyard on the northwestern corner - eastern side of SH1 from Pokeno) from time to time as a reporting point as there is a nice straight 1km long road just adjacent to it that's a pretty good estimation of the size of an aerobatic box. I know of a few other aero pilots that also use this location for the same reason...
The green shed really does stick out like dogsballs...can't believe you haven't seen it.

[Edit] Added GoogleEarth pictures

Don't you just love GoogleEarth!!

Note the interchange on the south side of the Bombays.

Last edited by slackie; 26th Jul 2007 at 02:55.