PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2007, 17:51
fl dutchman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easyjet Winter

now on sale ---- 5 aircraft only ---- Stansted down to 3x daily
Not surprised that Aircraft no 7 has gone. I understand it was a tactical aircraft brought in for the summer to boost frequency etc on routes introduced by others to compete with Easyjet.
Bit surprised by removal of a/c no 6, However last winter with 6 a/c the utilisation was quite low.
I understand the load factors on the Bristol 4x daily route have been in the mid sixties since it was increased to 4x daily, so the removal of one rotation should increase this assuming the same number of people use it.
The removal of one rotation from the 5x daily Stansted would have been understandable for the same reasons as Bristol. But the removal of Two rotations will result in a shortage of seats on a route that is seeing a significant increase in pax nos.
The european routes seem about the same as last winter except for Rome, Krakow seems to have increased, but Geneva does not start until late Dec.
Seems that Easyjet has lost interest in NCL. Some new routes need to be introduced to stop the stagnation. There are routes to city break destinations such as Lisbon, Madrid and Venice, ski routes and Polish routes that could all be succesfull. Now that Rome, Berlin and Budapest have gone the city break destinations are in short supply.
Reading about all the new routes being introduced elsewhere I think NCL is being left way behind.
On the positive side however I understand the bookings for Dubai are very healthy.