PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2007, 13:01
Vito Corleone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It strikes me there are 3 routes to get a job in this rancid industry:
in order of preference.

1. Have a training captain as a father. I have seen many un-deserving incompetent jokers get jobs this way.

2. Buy your way to a job, either buy a) paying a huge premium to go to an integrated school who for some reason the Airlines like to recruit from direct, overlooking countless numbers of worthy modular students.
or b) paying 20 odd k for a type rating and hoping for the best.

3. Working your way up from the bottom, through instructing to air taxi to charter work to turbo prop to jets.

The airline industry is a complete reflection of Brittish capitalist society, where the rich get richer and the poor are left to rot.

For me, it will be route number 3. I was simply un-able to afford integrated training and can no way pay for a TR. And as I sit, eating value beans, living off a pittance for the next few years, working my way up this stinking industry who can blame me for feeling angry as those who go through routes number one and two earn impressive sallaries and progress onto captaincy, buying nice detached houses, taking nice holidays in the Carribbean during the time it takes me to even get a sniff at getting my foot in the door.