PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2007, 23:53
Trislander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I'm going to bite the bullet and do an FI rating. I qualified a year ago and I have had so many maybe's and broken promises from airlines and it's really got me down. The biggest reason for this is the debts I now have from training. I've got more going out every month than I've got coming in and my bank balance just keeps plummeting further into the red. I wish I had ANY flying job which would pay me enough each month so I can at least start putting something aside for my car MOT, Medical renewal, etc, but would full-time instructing pay enough? I am working in aviation at the moment with a promise of employment after a certain period, but will I be let down again?? This time could be my lucky break... OR do I go and spend money on an FI rating and risk spiralling into more debt?! Who knows, but I have to make my mind up soon and that's the hardest bit. Everyone has advice on what you should do, but everyone's advice is conflicting and ends up being of no use as a result, just stresses you out more. I know what you're going thru mate, I wish I knew what to do right now. Anyone know the average salary for a fulltime FI?? I know I'd love doing it it's just my finances that have put me off.

Tri