PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2007, 19:00
Andi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well said boys!could not have pointed it out better!
VITO:If you think you are unlucky please take a second to think about all those guys who finished just before 9/11 or shortly after(including me).They have been jobhunting for a long time (6years by now!!!) and if they would have taken the money to keep "current" renewing their Lic.they could have got a TR for it.If that would have made up for a job,only god knows!
Tell you a story about my last few years: I am german ,38,got initially UK FATPL ME IR MCC,convertet to JAR Lic.in March 2003 and FI rating since March 2006.
When I applied in UK they came back to me many times and said:sorry mate,correct Lic but wrong nationality!
When I applied in Germany they said:sorry mate,correct nationality but wrong (and now it goes very sad!!!) ,JAR Lic!!!! How the f....(please forgive me!) can you have the wrong JAR Lic!!!!!!!
(protecting the market)
But ,tell you what: I will never give up cuz I love it.
Get yourself an FI rating(if thats not too low for you!)and I garantie you a job next day!! PROMISE!!
I am working at a flight school instructing and in OPS (and cleaning cups)
Let you go but remember:never give up!
greets Andi
Ps:it is not my intention to pick on you,just trying to point out a few thing if you feel bad again.
Wish you all the luck,honestly!