PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2007, 10:41
mack 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No one forced me nor asked me to follow this career path, I decided. Like wise with all others. I qualified at the end of 2000 with a frozen ATPL. I have had some interviews and flight test but, unfortunately no job offer. Further to this be cautious about what the airlines say to you as I have been given some real hope only to have it dashed on three occations. I have been told at the end of an unterview that I am their ideal candidate, only to receive a so sorry letter. I have passed an interview and had a flight Test on a 737 and been told by the pilot that there was no reason for anyone to have any concerns about my ability, a week later sorry you failed the flight test! I have been told that I have a job on survey work I just need to have a short check out, this never came.
HOWEVER I AM NOT BITTER I have loved all my flying and yes I do also have a FI rating this I did part time and I would recommend this to everyone. Consider this part time weekends only if I was to pay for the flying hours it would have cost me over £ 30,000 each year.
I am fortunate that I have a good job and so does my wife. I am 42 yrs and now will not be looking to become an airline pilot as I have been told I am too old. I would have flown anything for anyone I was not thinking just big jets, I would have loved to fly short sectors in a turboprop.
Do not be angry with the industry this is the way of the world in all walks of life it is who you know.
I still can't stop running to a window to look at any aircraft flying past they are great arn't they.