PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dixon Hits Panic Button on Pilots...
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2007, 10:48
Sonny Hammond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LIES

Fella's,
These are LIES. Pure and Simple.

Time and time again Dixon has proven he says exactly what he has to say to get his way.
He needs to maintain some decorum on pilot numbers, so to be safe than sorry, what better way to GET HIS WAY, than to dangle a few carrots around.

FACTS:
*Most of the mainline fleet could be retired in the short term. Face it, most of their fleet is old.

*A good number of mainline pilots are nearing retirement as well, and if necessary, GD could make pilots redundant, the provisions for this in the Contract are quite pathetic and would be a tempting solution (whilst also waving a J* 787 contract around and acting like a super generous boss, "what a great guy I am, why do you publicly slander me??? I am offering you another job- there just no helping you selfish unionists....")

*Any new a/c to mainline, are at best replacements, but really the overall fleet numbers will be in negative territory.

*The Beancounters are going to put as many 787's thru J* as possible. They have publicly stated this, and the fact that Dixon is now saying 'we have no intention to paint J* 787's with the new roo paint job basically guarantees that they will.

*GD etc know that there are many qualified capts o/s at the moment that will more than likely be lured back by a half reasonable package to fly these 787's, there by making any remaining QF pilots even less relevant.

Understand his motivation and his tactics are clear.

The question is, are you going to be a victim of them?