PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non Standard Flights
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2007, 09:37
Evilbob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non Standard Flights

Hi All,

I have a question and I hope this might be the place to get the answer.

I occasionally conduct aerial photography flights, the majority of which have one or two sites which require flying in controlled air space. I understand there is a form I can get that will allow me to apply for permission to conduct such a flight. Does anybody have any idea where I might be able to acquire it?

Just as a bit of background: We have on previous occasions rung the aerodrome concerned and asked for permission on the day and permission has been granted (my thanks to the helpful ladies and gents at Heathrow and Bournemouth).

However, on other occasions permission is denied because we haven't asked for permission in writing. So far we have just taken that risk. A colleague had tried to get code whiskey in the past, but found it was pointless because quite often the weather on the day scrubbed the flight.

However, having spoken to ATC at Heathrow on a previous trip I was told I could get a form for a NSF which would have 11 months validity. I rang the number given and had no joy. After checking the AIP I rang the director of airspace dept, who promptly passed me over to GA dept at Gatwick. Gatwick said I need to get permission from the ATSU concerned.

If anyone can shed any light on where I can get this form, I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Evilbob