PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forces problems
Thread: Forces problems
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2007, 18:44
weevhearditb4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forces problems

It’s clear in light of the SSAFA house problems and our Ghurkha friends that the MoD is not handling anything at all and should rightly be called the Ministry of Donkeys.

It’s about time that the MoD discussed with ex services associations and the military forums the way ahead regarding the governments ill treatment of our forces there can be no other word for it.

I suggest that from now on any - and I mean any Publicly owned forces base or training area should not be sold off to a private developer, but held in trust by a properly run Services/Armed Forces Association run by grown ups so they can assist and help past and serving soldiers, it would certainly help Combat Stress and other organisations.

A better percentage of lottery funds should also be set aside for help and assistance to change these base areas for the good of our Armed Forces.

I don’t know about anyone else I am fed up with the prejudices of the FO and the MoD aimed at our Armed Forces.

I have just watched a rather disturbing piece of footage of my son on night ops in Iraq taken by him perhaps I should show that to Mole Valley Council and my local MP.

End of rant