PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2007, 16:51
Virgin Boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet_Black_Monaro,

Really... why don't you chill out a little... the girl is 15 yrs old and using an online forum to try to thank someone for helping her out. It doesn't matter if she uses txt speak, thats what teenagers do...

Really, get a life and find something thats worth moaning about.

Jenn,

Sorry for the late response, I've been on holiday.

I love working for Virgin. They are the company for you to aim to work for for sure! With regards to getting to know the crew... its hard to explain. The crews always bond so well extremely quickly. I think thats because we're used to working with a brand new crew each time we go to work, and because we have SO much fun down route.

So although we have a lot of fun, I wouldn't say that you truely get to know people and make solid friendships. Dont get me wrong, it does happen, and I've got loads of friends at work - but with well over 4000 crew in the company, and only 12-18 crew on each flight, you can go for years without seeing someone.

Just work as hard as you can on your GCSEs, get a part time job in the customer service industry if you can (i.e. in a shop, or hotel work), and dont forget your dream. I grew up wanting to work for Virgin - no one else. It took me 2 applications, and I had to start with another airline first, but I got there in the end!

By the way, have you ever seen the film "A view from the top"? - If not hire it out from Blockbuster or somewhere. I think you will love it!