PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arab/Muslim pilot discrimination...
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2007, 18:21
TIC13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The statement:

"taking jobs from home grown talent"

Is sort of... discusting. So you think that foreing pilots "take" jobs...fine. Your point of view to justify Don Simon words is that foreings are taking something that belongs to others (because those "others" are Brits). Where did you get that right from???? If that home talents are such, I am sure they will get a job by themselfs because they deserve it not because they are Brits. Let me tell you that I am foreing and where I am from, there are some others foreings (including Brits) working for airlines, you should tell them to come back home, so I would be able to get that job that belongs to me and by the way, make more difficult for those unexperience home talents to get that job of their .
There are lovely people here, but I have to say that there are also people not that nice.
Talking about interviews, I have passed exactly through the same as Don Simon, but I am not muslim.

"The main stumbling block is the cultural differences. Usually the interviewers can't relate to you. That was a big problem for me at interviews. I'm very competent in my field and my record proves that, but for some reason the HR guys didn't like me. I don't have any character problems."

I am completely agree with you, most HR people are unable to understand that the fact that there are cultural differences doesnīt mean that you are a problematic person. What is worse is that they donīt even think on that, they see that you are different in some aspects, and in plain english, you are weird and they just donīt trust you.

I think that muslim pilots are going to have slightly some more problems in some places, but I am sure that it wonīt be that way everywhere.