PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most idiotic things you've seen from a tower?
Old 19th Jul 2007, 21:39
Spitoon

opnot, my comments were about the second example cited but don't you have another plan for when something doesn't happen as planned - but I suppose just to be ready to bawl the pilot out on the RTF could be called a plan.

Yup, airmanship is a good thing for a crew to have but sadly we're not all perfect all of the time. It's a bit like professionalism on the RTF for controllers.

And I didn't make any comment about aircraft performance in my post but, rather, about how an aircraft is operated. My point was that there are a good many things that might be cause for unexpected query just before take-off. But on reflection I guess you're probably right, it's obviously just a crew who really shouldn't be flying a proper aeroplane from a busy airport.

And, yes, you're also right that I don't work CC so I cannot understand what a real busy place is like. But I guess it's just as well because I probably couldn't come up to your high standards!