PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strange habits of your copilots...
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2007, 15:12
pakeha-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote...Also LEM , if you are not happy with the habits of your co-pilots and you feel that what they are doing is the wrong thing

I dont think he said wrong,he said "strange"..........but then I would agree LEM,you just might be a little picky here mate.....unless your training dept specifically prohibits it...then maybe you should be a little more accomodating......different strokes for different folks......as Captain,upon seeing/hearing or referencing any abnormalties......its your Aircraft,the moment you say it is

I have F/O,s/Co-Captains...turn the autopilot on @ 100ft,or hand fly it through 10,000,then turn it on.......I have some, including myself,hand fly an approach in VFR,with autopilot,FD,autothrust all off for practice,,,,,,its not prohitied or not reccomended.....automation is great,but if these systems decide to take a holiday.......

The one thing I find a little strange(not wrong) for both(as a jumpseater) are those who are unwilling to turn off the autothrust and practice something they used to do before getting into a jet ......