PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Information
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2007, 11:30
WannaBeCiv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I have now had a resettlement briefing, I will add some info that others may find useful:

1. A gotcha for Sqn Ldrs - 38/16 is only an option point not an exit point, so unless you officially declare that you are definitely leaving, then you cannot technically get any resettlement benefits. Most resettlement staff seem to use a bit of common sense and judgement on this one. Not a problem for Flt Lts as it is an exit point.

2. I think that the best approach for paying for stuff is:

a. Ground school (Bristol gone up to £820, btw) pay using £534 resettlement grant (Individual Refund of Training Costs grant). For the exams (4 @ £62 each) you can use SLCs (max £175/year), as well as claim the travel, subsistence and accom if required.
b. IR - pay using ELCs (£1000 if before 1 Apr 08, £2000 after) - if it is an "approved" cse - I assume Exeter is? Also can claim travel, subsistence and accom.
c. MCC as for IR, but must be in next financial year to use ELCs again. Anyone know if any courses are MOD "approved"?

3. For any time you are away, you can use Graduated Resettlement Time (GRT - 35 days for 38/16 people), so you are "on duty".

Hope this is helpful, it is correct to the best of my knowledge - but ensure you check everything yourself before commiting money or making career changing decisions!