PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does Fedex hire in Europe?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2007, 05:46
BelArgUSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No CGN base???

Hola Dojetdrive -
xxx
I dont know where she is based then, all I know, she was flying most of her trips out of CGN, commuting there from Nantes with the railroads rather than flying there. Have not talked to her in a couple of years...
xxx
As to UPS (I always get surprised) - I did not even know they once had passenger service. Saw a 727-100 parked next to my plane in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (summer 2001), unloading passengers that looked like tourists going to the beach to me...
xxx
I know many crews with foreign (non-US carriers) "based" in ANC, flying cargo 747s from Asia. Whether they are actually based there, or operating all their flights out of there, I dont know... Myself, a few years ago, did a 3 months-long contract to train 747 crews for MK Air Cargo. The planes were then Ghana registry, the company office was near LGW, and I was operating all my trips out of LUX or AMS... I dont even know where the "base" was, and most of the guys I flew with, were from South Africa and Zimbabwe. A bit confusing, shall I say. The only time I was in Ghana was to get a licence validation from the local CAA...
xxx
And when I flew a 6 month contract with Cargolux in 1992, I was based in LUX, all the crews were expatriates. I think they only had 2 Luxembourg citizens among their pilots...! So, where one is "based" does not mean a lot. For me, my "base" is where my bed is, home or hotel...
xxx

Happy contrails