PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oh really
Thread: Oh really
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2007, 21:02
Exrigger

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Safeware:

Have things got that bad or are you surmising? My understanding is that such a "relaxation" wasn't even used in GW1 or 2?
Not surmising, CTY servicings/maintenance have been around for years, as I said it is in the 5A1 and yes they have been used in GW1 the Chinook detachment flight servicings and maintenance checks where reduced to CTY items shortly after the 17th Jan 91. Conversation with SENGO within days of the 91 Gulf War starting "why are will still doing full flight servicings/maintenance checks, should we not be doing the contingency servicings/maintenance", response "no that is for during war scenarios only", response to that "far be it for me to point out the obvious, but we have been at war since the 17th", reply "oh yes, I will ask advice" or words to that effect, a couple of days later we went to the contingency servicings/maintenance.

I am pretty sure the other deployed RAF aircraft also did the same, as that is its purpose, but others that deployed with those aircraft will have to confirm/deny that as we never came in contact with them.