PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2007, 16:38
veetwo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TurboJ,

Perhaps I should re-phrase. The integrated students which i have come in to contact with have not sneered at any flying jobs so far as I know, nor do they think that anything is "beneath them". Most of them just have the "flying bug" and are more grateful than anything else just to get airborne, be it parachute dropping, glider towing or airline flying. Of course there is no way I can possibly speak on behalf of the entire integrated pool of pilots and I can quite happily consent to believe that there are idiots out there who think that flying a prop, for example, is beneath them. More fool them. I wouldn't limit these people purely to integrated schools though.

As I said in my previous post, I'm not sure where this perception has come from. I can make assumptions but I'd prefer not to. On a very basic level though, if you ask a newly graduated pilot whether they would rather fly a prop or a jet, most people would, I suspect, elect to fly the jet and would not be shy about admitting it. For me, that decision would be purely financial as I have a large loan to think about and the reality is that jet salaries are higher. However, I wouldn't presume to suggest I know which type of flying would give me more pleasure having not tried both.