PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2007, 15:24
Charley

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
The problem in my view is that there is a bread of integrated student who believes that they can leave flight school and walk straight into the RHS of a narrowbody jet aircraft; nothing more, nothing less; and only a Boeing or Airbus will do.
Sadly that's a view not exclusively held by integrated students, in my experience.

I can only echo the sentiments of LST and YYZ. In fact I can say that, between YYZ and myself, we have covered a range of different jobs before the first of us got our 'big' break; instructing, ferrying aircraft for maintenance, dropping parachutists, aerial survey, etc.

Some newly-minted CPL/IRs appear to turn their nose up at such things, either because they don't see it as adequate reward (and it isn't always financially rewarded) for their investment or because they just feel that they'd somehow be 'slumming it' by stooping so low.

Commercial flight training tests ones intellect and skill. I'd say that the period immediately afterwards will be the test of ones character.