PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2007, 08:59
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Harden up you bunch of muppets, its nothing but apathy and unwillingness to do REAL hard work (and I don't count sitting around sticking stamps on CVs as hard work sorry) and a greedy desire to jump the queue and nothing else that causes all this bloody whinging.

If you guys could for one second lose this ****ing obsession you've all got with big jets straight out of flying school, go do what the entire rest of the world does when they want a jet job, and EARN the right to fly the damn thing by working your way through the ranks. No I don't mean what you guys normally consider demeaning work which is lowering yourself to applying to Flybe instead of BA, I mean go and fly a bloody SINGLE PISTON again. Go and get yourselves FI ratings you'd all have jobs tomorrow, the schools are crying out for them. Oh but it's not glass cockpit multi crew turbine I hear you crying, not good enough for us British and european 200 hour guys, that kind of work is for colonials and americans and in fact the entire rest of the world.

Come back here when you've got a couple thousand instructing hours and can't get a 19 seat turboprop job and you'll get plenty of sympathy from me, come back again when you've got 5000 hours on the turboprop and still can't get that Boeing and you'll get plenty more. If you are fresh out of school and you aren't prepared to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to stay current and get some hours in that logbook then I sincerely hope that the people who showed some motivation and are busting their balls flying charters and parachutes and students, all get the jobs before you because they deserve it 1000 times more.

No doubt this post will cop me all kinds of flak from all you unemployed integrated lot. After you've written your paragraph venting your frustration at this arrogant old school airline hack, I would appreciate it if you could please append your post with a simple 'yes' or 'no' I do have an FI rating, and if not why not.

Last edited by Luke SkyToddler; 18th Jul 2007 at 09:21. Reason: Edited to say - good work callsign Kilo! Consider yourself exempt from my tirade