PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2007, 08:56
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a real pisser when we invest so much time, effort and above all, money in something and then struggle to see the end result. However the end result is there, I am sure. A bit of positive mental attitude, and it will happen.

I only qualified in May, so I have been in the market for only a short time. I have spoken to lots of contacts and they have all tried to lend their support, however I always try not to build my hopes up too high. I realise that it is pretty unlikely that I will walk into a job immediately. As much as I hope it would be true, I always tried to tell myself and those I love that it probably won't happen. But I never want to keep my eyes off the bigger picture and I know I will get there soon. I am looking to start an FI course asap and I was lucky to get some 'ferry' flying from my local club last month. I have also been offered a few trips in a King Air to gain some operational experience. I know I will learn a lot from it. There are loads of airlines up here that require operational staff at the major Scottish airports. I am only 5mins from GLA and will probably be looking in that direction soon.

All these things will help the cause. I KNOW IT

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 19th Jul 2007 at 23:52.