PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2007, 08:19
dartagnan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everybody is sick of this situation, and your post shows the truth and I would like all wannabes to read it before spending lot of cash in their training.

Times to times I met young guys telling me there is a shortage of pilots...and don't want believe me, when I answer they are short of very experienced captains.
They are on their way to spend all their cash,instead to learn a real job. They are foolish!

...resulting there are just to many pilots and not enough job offers.Everybody want a part of the cake, but when the cake is gone, the cake is gone!

So you have to apply, send many CV, and get another job during this time.Including cleaning restrooms if you have to.With money saved you can fly as a flight instructor, or buy a t-rating,...

this is what I 'm doing(lousy jobs), and I am in this business since 12-13 years and logged thousand of hours(cargo, para,instructor,...).12 years of struggling.Does it worth?not for me anymore....but why should I do something else?give up?

Recently I talked with my relatives, and I explained them that having done a t.rating on the bus, all I can do now is to apply and take a bad paid job during this time unless they want create a company only for me to get a job.

Airlines are here to make money, not to make you happy and they wont give you a job, because you said so.They will give you a job if they need more pilots in their new planes.

This industry is up an down.You have to see it as a worldwide industry.
By chance, the aviation industry is improving every month(many airbus sold recently, many orders for the next 5 years...), so keep looking.Jobs will come if you are persistent .

Last edited by dartagnan; 18th Jul 2007 at 08:48.