PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2007, 22:57
Adola69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Travel.

The old addage " Time to spare, go by air" is now more relevant than ever.
The "Department of Terror Inducement" (DTI), is virtually "Killing-off" the air travel industry with their "after the horse has bolted, knee jerk" security measures. They really do P**S me off.
Seperate all incoming pax from all outgoing Pax - WHY?? In the off chance that a "terrorist from a country with poor security checks could meet a fellow terroist going outbound and slip him a package to endanger the aircraft he was on!!?? - Are airline schedules really that good these days?? - don't think so. Anyway why not have gate security checks, a la Amsterdam, instead of making our airports a mish-mash of badly devided airside assets, that take you uphill and down dale in order just to satisfy this ridiculous rule. I personally am willing to take my chances vs the Bomber, as the chance of me being caught-up in one of Mr. Al-Queda's attempt to frighten us into submission is so minimal, that I bet Ladbrokes wouldn't even give you odds.
So "Mah Jeepsafire" has prevented anyone approaching a terminal building now in a motorised vehicle? I don't think the the London Tube bombers did that did they? Have any airports got measures in place to prevent any person with a rucksack on their back entering a crowded Terminal? No, but you can bet your bottom dollar that if it happens, the Dept of Terror Inducement will be quick to react by insisting that all air travellers arrive in the nude and send all their luggage by email attachment! Being sexist I couldn't wait for the next Under 21's Girls Hockey team to fly out!

Now about bringing back hanging for terror against a nation - ooh yes please