PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No AOC for Skyairworld, delay for Solomon Airlines
Old 16th Jul 2007, 11:08
ringbinder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kwaj,

and then had taken away from us, all due to bad planning and no support by ON management.
I think you need to come to grips with reality, it wasn't for lack of support by ON management but rather because 6 months of services that lacked the support of the local Marshallese community was more the reason the services were terminated. The ON management couldn't have offered more support than to keep a less than viable service going for as long as it did whilst awaiting the loads to build up.

I happened to be in Majuro when Our Airline had their launch and the reception from all levels (President down) was most enthusiastic but it hasn't translated into bums on seats. I now have a most expensive alternative option via Guam or Honolulu for any trips I wish to make to Majuro in the near future.

I do travel a considerable amount in the Pacific in the course of business and have seen a lot of airlines/aeroplanes come and go. As someone has already said, Our Airline/Air Nauru has been around for more than three decades which is not too bad an effort considering the vagaries of aviation in the Pacific. If anyone lasts it will be them, methinks.