PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No AOC for Skyairworld, delay for Solomon Airlines
Old 16th Jul 2007, 08:44
capt moonlight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kwajmate
I think you need to research your facts or maybe you are just a bitter loser who did nothing to support this airline. I travelled a number of times on this route and don't think I ever saw double digit passenger numbers. All this when they had return fares advertised in local papers as low as $150.
As far as their finances I guess only their management know but they seem to have made their airline more efficient and continue to offer a service which has been going for 35 years plus while others have been and gone or never started.
I think you will find the demise of this route more due to lack of support from the Marshalls along with excessive airport and fuel charges.
If this small airline had as much loyalty from the Pacific as it has given to it then the region's air services would be a lot more stable.
I think Chimbu warrior is closer to the truth then some bitter poster twisting the facts. Anyhow that's what I think !!!!!!!!!