PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zurich Tower - How to clog up the R/T
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2007, 12:44
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ElNino

You echo my sentiments exactly.... I am relieved I am not the only pilot who has this view. Interesting you mention the attitude displayed by some of the controllers... you are spot on but I was perhaps afraid to launch in with a first post and mention that as well. We all have bad days at work but condescending remarks on the R/T are out of order.

I was offered a closing turn for the ILS the other day at 15nm and I still had 7000ft to loose (after being kept high)! I declined obviously! I think a quick lesson in the 3 times table would not go a miss with some of the controllers.

On a more serious note I was cleared take off on R28 a couple of weeks ago before a departure off R16 had crossed the intersection between the two runways. Bloody dangerous! What made it even worse was after I waited for the departing aircraft to clear, I queried it with the controller and her response was 'You will never catch him'!!! ASR filed at the close of play that day and I eagerly await to hear back from my company as to what the response from Skyguide is - if any!

Zurich has a couple of very good ATCOs but the rest let the side down! As one of my colleagues told me - 'They (ZRH ATC) think they are the best but they are far from it'. So true!