PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2007, 08:07
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
L1A2

“The challenge is to identify, track and eradicate errors by assisting people all through the chain of events to do so in an open 'no blame' culture”.

I agree with this, but with caveats. The people in the chain of events (the safety/airworthiness chain in this case) must be properly trained and qualified to do their respective jobs, and their letters of delegation must clearly define their remit.

As I said earlier, there is no place in this chain for people who do not satisfy these criteria and conduct their business outside that remit. If someone, with no training or delegated authority whatsoever, makes a decision and signs-off on safety/airworthiness or technical and financial approval, purely on the premise “I’m more senior to you, so I must be right”; then I’m afraid he’s certifiable and should be removed from any position of authority. Likewise, anyone who condones this.

In saying this, I should concede that I have it in writing from 2*, 4* and various Ministers that I’m wrong. In turn, they concede I’m entitled to my opinion, but must accept the disciplinary consequences. No blame?