PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French freeze Easy out of Paris
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2002, 13:53
wallabie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lavdumper

Do I read Beverly Hills ??. .No wonder your insights about the french market are a bit hazy to say the least.. .Air France State funded for years ?? . .Once, in 1993 with the Brussel's commission's blessing and that of Sir What's his name again, got it Leon Brittan.. .Prior to that Air France hadn't received a dime from its main share holder for about 10 years.. .When BA was floated, its books were dripping with red inks and guess what, the pommie government just wrote it off to start on the right foot. So, spare me !. .There is an extensive and very efficient speed train system that has taken more than 30 % of the market on destinations like Marseille, so thank you, the french travelling public has access to the cheapest fares in Europe and on the most effecient system, I'll be bold, in the world. But appart from the Hill billies, you wouldn't know.. .Easy jet kept out ?? Better twice than once if it can be done. Those guys flying for Air Lib won't getting jobs in Bev when they bite the dust, so they hang on. You want to give them your job, feel free mate !. .I don't think the US is any qualified to lecture the world about fair competition. . .It's Boeing heavily subsidised through military programs etc ....and the list of two faced double standards could go on forever.. .Enjoy the California sun.