PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comed Blackpool
Thread: Comed Blackpool
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2001, 13:43
Know It All

Red face

I am surprised by Relaunch still thinking that Comed may rise from the ashes.

The receiver's report shows "Recorded unsecured claims from creditors per the company's records amount to approximately £1,515,000.00. Discussions with various parties regarding selling the company as a going-concern have been unsuccessful, he (the receiver) is in the process of releasing Company assets piecemeal to try and recover the indebtedness to the Debenture Holder. At this stage there is little prospect of the Debenture holder recovering its total indebtedness (£187,000). Also Based on current estimates there is no prospect of a dividend to unsecured creditors". I did not know about the bad debt from Executive airlines Dublin for £245,000. Any Others?

Good news for the private owners - I have been told the CAA has confirmed that fuel is not recoverable under Section 88 and have put this in writing. I have also been told that the airport solicitors have withdrawn the claim for unpaid landing fees because these had been paid. It's a good job the Airport manager used to be the Finance director or this may not have come to light so quickly!!

Rob 747, I agree with Relaunch, J Hunter is the man for CPL training he will push you hard but make use of every minute in the aircraft.