PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes to CAP371
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2001, 13:34
tunturi

Wink

Tilli, don't be such a sensitive soul. It was not my intention to divert the theme of this very important topic. I actually believe boredcounter made a very valid point re:wives abilities to sleep at any time..I just added a little (ok very little) bit of humour on the end.
For the record I am a very poor sleeper and very often tired but probably not fatigued.
Re: yor point about defining dangerously fatigued, surely this is covered in the preceding paragraphs you quote from the ANO...i.e. "is likely to suffer from, such fatigue as may endanger the safety of the aircraft or of its occupants."
Interesting article today in AIRWAVES (BALPA) regarding a former Ryanair F/O who filed an ASR stating he was unfit to fly..Ryanair's answer: immediate disciplinary meeting on "gross misconduct" and refused F/O right to BALPA rep accompanying him to meeting. F/O left Ryanair before any meeting took place, due to delaying tactics from company. Could have been due to the fact that BALPA threatened court action until Ryanair agreed to legal right of F/O to be accompanied by rep.
THe fact is that we all have a duty to not fly when we believe we are unfit but it can still be very difficult to do so in some companies.