PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes to CAP371
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2001, 03:59
boredcounter

Question

Tilii
Very informative post, I must admit, the ANO is the most unfriendly document I have ever tried to read. (Close second is the Working Time Regulations 1998).
Q How am I (as the Operations Controller, for a 12 jet Airline, based 3 miles from the Airport, responsible for Crew Control) suposed to know if you are Knackered?

To put some cards on the table, I work for a carrier that is JAR, the FTLS is CAP371 driven, but the 'Crew Control Procedures Manual, is the most restrictive. We fly Scheds from 0600-2200ish (with W/end charters) so perhaps I miss the point

With regard to my Stellair post, the answer is yes, I lived very cose to the arport, just down the road from the Nuke Power station, but just like the residents near LHR&LGW at the time had to have faith in Official Supervision.

See it like this, cos it is not a pop in any way, If CAP371, or the ANO does not protect you, your Airline is not entering into the 'Spirit' Enter BALPA, and when that fails, the CAA for a ruling............

As for Old Wive's Tails, Tun got it, or not, depending on the wife's mooooooooood.

I stand by the saying, FLY SAFE.

------------------
Speak the truth,accept the truth.....and only use one handle