PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CC Career Progression into QF Short Haul - News?
Old 9th Jul 2007, 02:50
regionalguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditzy

No ruder than you sunshine. You chose to rant and rave after my first genuine post so the way I see it, game on from there. Ok for your spare me the diatribe and do you find my cummuting abilities threatenting comments but not ok when someone has an equal response. Makes me wonder that you are potentially an only child and not used to getting some of your own stuff back. Either that or just petulant.

As for the EBA contents of career progression, try pasting my whole comment not just the parts you want to pick at. An EBA item it may have been but the agreement itself and your rights to progression are not in your EBA.

As for the other stuff, again like I said try posting and responding to all of my comments not just the parts you like. Call the union, thats what I did. Having said that how do you know when the clause was written ? Qantas did at one time have their own casuals, then enlisted the labour hire of MAM who employs the crew on their own MAM EBA.

Clause 19 of the SH EBA talks about their casuals not being engaged in a manner that would circumvent or undermine conditions of employment for permanent flight attendants. Unless your reading a different EBA Mate, no-where does it try to cap or control casuals. So no breaking of the law.

And as for the AO crew getting east coast bases and the transfers ........... good luck to them. I imagine an intial trainee is someone who goes through intial training for six weeks and someone who during that time is paid the initial trainee wage in the EBA. But I will agree, there is no definition, but as they're not being initially trained or paid the initial wage, the one for one was a good outcome for all, not the lawn fertilizer you first referred to it as.I've heard 8 were offerend transfers out of Perth just recently and if the 20 MEL and 10 SYD numbers are right for the 1:1 purposes, will mean a total of 38 transfers out of perth. Tell me when has there ever been that many go from perth in one go since it started up ?

Oh and as for being upset, I didn't think you were, you said you loved it over there and would continue to use those threating commuting abilities to port swap back. As for the rest on the list, it takes me back to my original post, yes it might be perth but spare a thought for those you left behind and be happy that you are where you are. It might not be all that you hoped for, but its better than where you came from isn't it ? Indeed if you do agree entirely with my last post, you will not be bitter about someonelse's good fortune, be that progression or transfers or AO etc.

Just in case everyone else is as tired of this as I am, perhaps you should just PM me with any further dummy spitting responses to save everyone else the bordem of reading our dust up.