PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes to CAP371
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2001, 04:06
boredcounter

Talking

Tunturi.
Cop this for a duty week, yes it is pre-JAR,
F reg carrier Stellair, F27 flying for UK carrier.
Mon
Posn A/C NTE-LYX to arrive 0600
MON-FRI
LYX-LTQ-LYX-BVA-LYX 0700-1200
LYX-LTQ-LYX-BVA-LYX 1600-2130
SAT
0700 start
LYX-LTQ-LYX-BVA-LYX-LTQ-LYX-JER-LYX-LTQ-LYX-BVA-LYX-LTQ-LYX
2130 Finish (14 sectors!!!!) and they wanted to ferry JER-NTE-JER for a nosewheel change, Skipper almost made love to me when I arranged for the job to be done in JER!!!!
SUN
0700 start
LYX-LTQ-LYX-BVA-LYX-LTQ-LYX
3hrs off
LYX-LTQ-LYX-BVA-LYX-LTQ-LYX-(ferry)NTE.

I honestley felt compelled to challenge the crew regarding this ONE CREW OPERATION, but was told by the Captain 'We work 7 on 7 off and the days off are worth it............'

The above is honest, (in the 90's) legal, and FATIGUE. Hope you guys were not flying near these clowns...

On another note Tun, I do see your point, and respect it regarding the difference Groundie/Aircrew. More so with Eng than Office based. (Q am I right to think Engineers now have a legal obligation to ensure they are 'fit' to carry out the task?)
However, work is only a small part of it.
We all have to get there and back. Yes an equaliser, enter Reps, Bankers etc. I could just as easily kill a bus queue as you on the way home. Limits on Admin hours are 40 or so years behind yours, and don't apply to me. (Just a bone to chew, nothing more). Please remember in 16 days, my life goes full cycle, Days and Nights so I do understand fatigue.

Beaver Eager.
As you kindly quote your roster, can I please use poetic lisence on it.
(to prove my concerns for one of the initial posts advised changes to CAP371). also a Q, does your airline roster 7 on as a rule? , mine does not as counter-productive when a crew have to posn back day 8 when it hits the fan.
Roster is legal, but presume, flights not E by Cap371 definition, are so because they are away from base. Under proposed change, roster now illegal. So I the uncaring rosterer now roster EEELLLL min rest EEELLLL.
See the GENUINE concern?
Hug.
Why?
I was going to propose to you till you raised C4 and fatige.....They did not film the 8.5 hours sleep the crews concerned obviouly got. Yes people, I include myself, use alcohol to aid sleep, but different rules apply. (the whole C4 debate would have been answered if the crew were 'spot checked' by nice Mr Bill on the way home, but thankfully they weren't.

Fly safe, and remember, most mens wives can sleep on demand, do they hold the answer?

Bored

------------------
Speak the truth,accept the truth.....and only use one handle