PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2007, 20:01
BHDflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It doesn't take the GLA incident to prove that security at MAN is now a shambles, it always has been.

The first time I was in Manchester airport was in October, but as I am a big Man Utd fan unfortuneately it may not be my last! I was getting my flight back home to Belfast from terminal 1 with flybe. I waited in the queue to go through security for about an hour, after that the staff split the queue in 2 (1 for ROI flights and 1 for UK flights). Northern Ireland as everyone knows it is part of the UK, but not according to the woman sitting at the desk checking passports, who despite being told by a number of passengers that NI is part of the UK, argued her head off and told all NI passengers to get in the ROI queue!

It gets worse...
I eventually just got into the queue, knowing that a row with airport security isn't recommended. Next thing you know an airport policeman comes over to the guy checking the passports and says, "Not more gobby Irish people!", which is very insulting, infact some would say racist. Now I know fine well that the vast majority of English police are pathetic, useless, donut-munching t*ssers, but airport police?

After a further 30 minutes in that queue, we got down to putting our bags on the conveyor belt, only to find that the 2 queues for UK and ROI bound passengers ended up at exactly the same conveyor belts

I'VE SEEN A CIRCUS BETTER ORGANISED!